One of the three Kiev synagogues the Brodskiy synagogue is located in the very center of Kiev. This building erected in 1898, was confiscated by soviet power in 1926 and returned back to Jewish community only in 1997. There is a small museum in the hall of synagogue — hanukkia created by famous Israel sculptor Frank Maisler, fragment of Torah scroll of II-V century, copy of the key from the synagogue opening in 1898, antique books, kippahs, tephillines, mezuzas, candle-holders.
Building was used as Jewish religious center during thirty years. In 1926 it was confiscated by the soviet power. First it was turned into handicraftsman club, later on into puppet show. During the Second World war it was used as a stable for the army horses.
After Ukraine independence started negotiations about returning building to Jewish community. In 1992 after many years for the first time was celebrated Hanukkah. In 1997 puppet show moved to a new building and in 2000 it was celebrated grand opening of the renovated Kiev central synagogue.